Saturday, August 04, 2007

And the winner is...

ME!!! Booyah! I won the Faster Pastor race!

There was only one other pastor; Pastor Mike Beeler from Faith Gospel Tabernacle of Bad Axe. He was the winner last year when Chris raced. He was stiff competition! I think the only reason I won was because I have been adjusting my depression medicine. I have really terrible road rage. It's completely under control usually, but I figured it could only help me in a race, so I let it out. He cut me off at one point and I said to myself, "Oh, you are NOT going to win." That was the point at which it came out! It also helped that we had regular, front-wheel drive cars instead of the usual rear-wheel drive race cars. I didn't have to worry about letting the car slide because it wasn't supposed to. I guess that was the second biggest reason why I won. I wouldn't have done as well otherwise I don't think.

Because it was just the two of us, I only won $300, instead of the $1000 they said, and he got to take the food. The money was a little disappointing. (I was hoping to get more new windows in the parsonage. We are getting three new vinyl, double hung windows already, but we really need all 13 replaced.) It is still a blessing, though. I thank God for helping me to win. And, I was glad Pastor Beeler took the food. There was a lot of it and we were afraid it wouldn't fit in the van. Besides, their own church has a food pantry and as long as the food goes to people who need it, it doesn't really matter.

The other disappointing things were that Chris and the kids didn't make signs for me - :( - and I forgot I lent my camera to my mom and she was supposed to return it, but something came up. We stopped at the only gas station we saw after we realized we didn't have one, but they didn't sell them. So, no pictures. :( No signs. :( At least I got a really big trophy! When I get my camera back, I'll take a picture of it.

I have to say thanks to Kayla Kreh who loaned me her car. I banged it up some. Thanks for being such a great sport. She drives a purple car (I'm afraid I'm not sure what kind) with a number 5. Thanks for letting me use your car and win! I hope you win lots of races, too!

All in all, it was a great experience and I hope I get to do it again!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I love it! It sounds as if you tore it up out there. I am impressed! Woo hoo!