Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Love Netflix!

WOW! WOW! WOW! What else can I say? Well, let me think while you read...

Your price is lower!

Dear Elaine,

Great news! We're lowering the price of your 3 DVDs out at-a-time plan to $16.99 a month plus applicable taxes. Now you can enjoy Netflix for less!

You don't need to do a thing - except pay less. Your membership will automatically move to the lower price and be reflected in your Membership Terms and Details. The lower price will take effect beginning with your statement on or after July 23, 2007.

Your $16.99 plan not only gives you 3 DVDs out at-a-time but you can also watch 17 hours of movies and TV episodes instantly on your PC each month - for no additional charge.

Enjoy!
Your friends at Netflix


Since when do companies lower prices like this? How awesome! It makes me wonder why they are doing it, that's for sure! I just heard today that Wal-Mart is planning on lowering their prices because they are losing money. Retail Giant Slashing Prices I also read yesterday on Doug Clay's blog that Wal-Mart has put a value of $215,000 on each of it's customers. I find that very interesting. The rest of Doug Clay's post is also very interesting. I suggest that you read it. But, to continue, it would seem that Wal-Mart is lowering prices to keep customers. Smart move I would say. I'm not a huge fan of Wal-Mart (I love Target!), but they do have a successful business model. It benefits their company very well (but maybe no one else). Of course, I love lower prices, but not if it makes workers in other countries suffer (as with Wal-Mart from my understanding). I can't see that being the case with Netflix, though. So, I will just do a little happy dance for a price reduction of $1 per month! YAHOO!!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be sweet if the gas prices go down to?