Monday, July 09, 2007

My Thoughts on Sunday's Sermon

Well, I preached on Sunday and I think it went pretty well. My hubby said I only needed to put more feeling into what I was saying. I felt the feeling, but it's hard to really let it out in front of people and especially people who are just blankly gazing in your general direction. It really helps when people respond with amen and whatnot. A silent crowd is a tough crowd. But I will probably always be working on my delivery. I'm not really that great of a public speaker and I certainly don't enjoy it. Although, I don't get too nervous now. I might if it weren't my own church, though. I don't know since I haven't really tried anywhere else.

It was communion Sunday, but I didn't lead communion. I made a deal with Chris that I would lead communion the next time I am not preaching on communion Sunday. I've never done it before, so I know that the prep will be almost like preaching, at least the first time. So I have that to look forward to.

I preach again in three weeks. I'm catching up this summer. I need to preach at least 12 times a year. If I get ordained, it will go up to 15. We only have Sunday morning service because no one will come to any other services. We keep trying, but we end up at the church alone. It's kind of sad. Anyway, it's hard for Chris to give up the pulpit because there are so few times he preaches. If he doesn't preach at least once in three weeks, he starts going crazy. I'm serious. He is NOT fun to be around. So we have to carefully plan when I preach, especially if we have a guest speaker, like a missionary. I preached this week and Josh Payne, missionary in training to Russia, is coming Sunday. The Sunday after that is Chris and then me again. That way he should be okay to live with. :) Well, those are my thoughts for the day. Enjoy!

0 comments: